Check out these NEW resources on calling to explore vocation with your community!
- Resources for Lent: Sin, Forgiveness, & Calling – a compilation of calling-related prayers, hymns, reflections, and practices for the season of Lent.
- Resources for Easter: Commissioning, Pentecost, & Calling – a compilation of calling-related prayers, hymns, reflections, and practices for the season of Easter.
- A Blessing for the New School Year
- Book Suggestions for Congregations
- How to Practice Lectio Divina with a Group
- Vocational Reflection: I Am Your Song
Examples of Congregational Projects on Calling
- Creative Strategies on Calling – a webinar offering practical ideas for starting or continuing efforts around vocation and calling in your congregational community. Chris Braudaway-Bauman, pastor of Frist Congregational Church in Boulder, shares her story of an innovative, multi-year effort around vocation from Wellesley Village Church. Laura Kelly Fanucci also shares an overview of the Exploring Vocation in Community program in which 10 congregations worked on vocation: project examples, key findings, and best practices. Click here to download the webinar PowerPoint. Additionally, Chris shares an example schedule and brochure from the GIFT in Testimony program.
- Exploring Vocation in Community – a project developed in 2011 to ground the theological work of the Collegeville Institute Seminars in the lived experiences of Christians in congregations. Two cohorts of congregations met to learn about the theology of vocation and design a year-long project on vocation for their own community. An overview of findings from the group, as well as insights from our partners at Wellesley Village Church, the Visitation Monastery of Minneapolis, and the Church of St. Paul & the Redeemer can be found on Bearings Online.
Small Group Programs
Small Group Programs:
Called to Life is a 6-week program for small groups in parishes and congregations to explore questions of vocation and calling—how God works in our everyday lives.
Called to Work is a 6-week program for small groups in parishes and congregations to explore questions of vocation and profession—how God calls in our everyday work.
All materials are available for free online for participants and facilitators.
- Lives Explored is a video storytelling project on vocation. We ask everyday Christians how they see God at work in their lives. Watch how their struggles, joys, and questions capture what calling means today.