The Communities of Calling Initiative team continues to learn a lot from our 13 partner congregations:
- Key calling questions include: How does a socially and geographically distanced congregation live out its call to be the body of Christ in this time? How might our callings be deepened through partnerships with our neighbors?
- The COVID-19 pandemic provided the need and opportunity to dive deeper into issues that intersect with calling, like the call to lament and the call to seek justice.
- One of the most important lessons we learned this year is: when it comes to calling, context is key.
Watch the Year 2 video for more insights.
Using vocation as a guiding theological concept in congregations …
- Gives communities a common language from which to talk about faith
- Invites communities to name and claim the particular ways they live out their faith
- Integrates practices of discernment into congregational life
- Evokes exciting, challenging questions of faith
- Offers a framework for exploring difficult issues of faith
Read more in this post on the CCI on Faith+Lead, a blog of Luther Seminary.